refugee [refjʊˈdʒiː] (noun)
a person who has been forced to leave their own country in order to escape war, political/religious/social persecution, or natural disaster
Perché abbiamo scelto questa parola? / Why did we choose this word?
Scoprilo QUI / Find out HERE
You might also be interested in:
- La parola dell’anno (#WOTY) secondo Oxford Dictionaries
- Which word best describes the year of 2015?
- Merriam-Webster Word of the Year 2015
- Dictionary.com’s 2015 Word of the Year: Identity
- What Is the 2015 Word of the Year?
- The 2015 word-of-the-year candidates so far…
- From #Squadgoals To Schlonged, Contenders For 2015’s Word Of The Year
- Microaggression is Top Word, Trump the Top Name, Migrant Crisis the Top Phrase for Worldwide English for 2015 | Documenting the year 2015 through English-language word usage